Rasmalai Recipe | How to make Rasmalai at Home| Diwali Special Rasmalai

 Rasmalai Recipe

Ras malai, also known as rossomalai, is a popular Bengali dessert.  It is considered to be a variation of the rasgulla in which syrup is replaced with thick milk. This recipe can be easily made at home as I will be showing you how to make everything from scratch. All you require is a little patience and passion! So let's get started!

Rasmalai recipe

Hey, you lovely people Diwali is approaching near so I thought to share this one of the yummiest and loved Indian desserts that are rasmalai recipes.

This will taste definitely better and fresh than the store-bought ones as we are going to prepare everything right from scratch at home.

Friends though this rasmalai recipe takes a little time and patience the end result is really worth trying for all the loved ones for this special occasion. So let's get on to the recipe so to prepare the super spongy rasmalai recipe at home first up in a pan. 

Rasmalai recipe

I've taken 1 liter of milk for boiling to prepare the Chena or the fresh paneer or cottage cheese. So here comes the first and most important tip here I've used this packet of milk which is not full fat. I'll just show you this is 3.5% fat which means it's a torn milk.

Rasmalai recipe

If you want you can also use cow's milk but make sure to use the toned milk. Basically, you don't have to use full-fat milk of cow or buffalo. If you use full-fat milk here you're as rasgullas or the rasmalai s' would be lighter and fluffy. It will turn very hard and as soon as you put them in

the sugar syrup they'll break apart. So make sure to use stone milk over here for making the rasgulla of the rasmalai. Now the milk has come to a good boil, I'm going to switch off the flame and give it a light stir. 

CLICK TO READ  RECIPE OF Chocolate cake

Next, let it settle down just for about a minute or two. Because we cannot add vinegar or lemon juice in the piping hot milk.  I've taken half a cup of water regular water to this I am going to add in two tablespoons of white wine vinegar to curdle the milk. 

Rusmalai recipe

You can also use lemon juice instead of vinegar now add the vinegar mixture into the milk and keep stirring while adding it. Keep adding the vinegar water in batches and keep stirring the milk and soon you will see that she is separating from the milk.

Cheese is separated from the milk this is called the Chena and this Chena is nicely separated from the milk.  

Rusmalai recipe

I've taken a strainer which I've lined with a thin muslin cloth I'm going to see if this mixture with the help of this. You can see that we have strained this green water completely you can store this water it's really very healthy and then later you can use it for your curries or just for needing your dose or for preparing any kind of gravies. 

Rusmalai recipe

Now I'm going to prepare a small knot from this cloth making a small portly to remove all the extra water out of it and then rinse it under fresh water and keep pressing it and wash it for about one to two minutes to remove all the extra flavor of the vinegar or the lemon juice. 

Rusmalai recipe

Which is remaining so I've washed it for almost two minutes just twist it to make a tight knot and remove all the extra water again. I'm going to make a tight knot twisting it like this and then I'm going to keep it aside onto a plate or onto a strainer and let it rest for at least 35 to 40 minutes. 

Rusmalai recipe

While our Chena is resting we can start preparing our rabdi or base for the rasmalai recipe so for this again in a pot. I have taken another 1 liter of milk and we are going to boil this milk and we are going to thicken this milk for the rubbery once the milk comes to a good boil.

Rusmalai recipe

 I'm going to lower the flame to medium and let it boil further for about 5 to 6 more minutes until it turns a little thick keep stirring in between so that it doesn't get burnt at the bottom of the pan. After some time about 4 to 5 minutes, you can see the milk has slightly reduced at this point. 

I am going to add in 1 cup of sugar which is around 150 grams of sugar you can adjust the quantity of sugar as per your taste but this much sugar is enough for one liter of milk. 

CLICK TO READ  RECIPE OF Mushroom recipe

As we are going to reduce this further and it is going to increase the sweetness of the rabdi for flavoring I am adding a few strands of saffron strands and half a teaspoon of cardamom powder mix as well. Let it cook further for about three to four more minutes.

Rusmalai recipe

So here it's giving slight yellow color because of the saffron if but if your suffering is not good enough to give that proper saffron color that is yellow color then you can add a pinch of food color to it. Here I'm adding just a pinch of food color for that extra vibrant yellow color but this is the completely optional mix that as well. 

Let it cook further keep scratching the sides also so now you can see the milk has reduced further and it has thickened enough. I'll show you the consistency and whatever cream is getting set on the sides. 

Rusmalai recipe

That also you can remove with the help of a spatula and add it to the milk so that's it guys we don't want to make it too thick else the Chena balls or the rasgullas. Which we are making won't be nicely soaked in this so make sure you keep the consistency just like this and in the market also they keep the consistency just like this because once the rasmalai or the rasgulla gets soaked in this it gets thicker. 

So I'll show you the consistency this is the perfect consistency I feel I am going to add a few dry fruits. Here I'm using some almonds cashews and pistachios mix, that as well and it's time to switch off the flame and keep it aside so it's been almost 40 minutes.

Rusmalai recipe

Let's check our Chena you can see the water is nicely trained, I'm going to transfer it onto a plate or into a clean kitchen platform.

Rusmalai recipe

We'll start kneading it so first I'm going to press the Chena with the help of my fingers just like this. You can see just like the way I am doing start kneading it and with the help of the lower side of the palm start kneading the Chena just like. 

Rusmalai recipe

The way I'm doing it for a scratch is like this so start scratching it and keep mashing it for at least 8 to 10 minutes. Keep doing this for about 8 to 10 minutes or until it turns very smooth and everything combines together. 

Rusmalai recipe

You can see the way I am doing you have to do the same way it will also start leaving some oil that's the time you know that it's done.  So keep doing this so here comes another important tip which is that your Chena should still have some moisture.

Rusmalai recipe

I mean do not take the complete moisture out of the Chena else you're for rasmalai rasgullas which you're making won't turn out that soft and spongy.  Let it have some moisture in it because if your Chena is too dry you won't be able to match like this. 

So you can see this Chena this Shayna still has light moisture in it it has become a do-like consistency and it has also started leaving some oil.  This means it's done enough and mashed enough and you can see it's not going here and there it's all combined and tied together.

CLICK TO READ  RECIPE OF Italian Meatball recipe

So at this point in time, I'm going to sprinkle two teaspoons of cornflour or the corn starch over this and again start kneading it just for a while.

Rusmalai recipe

Yes friends we need to put just two teaspoons of cornflour you can also use maida(Flour) instead. This will help in binding the dough way and it will not break apart. While cooking in the syrup and again need it just for about two to three minutes.

 Now I'm going to take a small portion out of this mash it with the help of my palms just like the way. I'm doing you can see it is leaving some oil that is the sign your Chena is smashed well I'm going to make around a lot of it first you can see the smooth ball is ready it's free from any kind of cracks.

Rusmalai recipe

 Now I'm going to slightly press with the help of my hands to make a round patty out of it you can make big or small roundels and patties however you prefer. If you want to make angoori rasmalai of you can simply make small roundels or as rasgullas out of it, but today I'm making rasmalai that's why I'm making these flat patties. Similarly, prepare the rest of them so this entire batch is ready and normally it gets doubled in size when dipped in the sugar syrup. 

Rasmalai recipe

Next up in a pan for making the sugar syrup I'm adding 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar which is around 200 grams. This I'm going to add in four to five cups of water which is around one liter of water mix it for a while until all the sugar crystals are nicely dissolved.

Rasmalai recipe

We don't have to overcook it we just want a boil in it so you can see it has come to a good boil it's bubbling away. Next, we'll start adding the chena into it one by one. So friends one thing you have to keep in mind at this point in time that your sugar syrup should be always boiling like this so keep adding all the tikis.

Rasmalai recipe

So I've added all of them the water is still boiling so first we are going to cook this open for about 2 to 3 minutes. Once they are set and they have taken the shape then we are going to cover it with a lid so let it cook further over medium-high flame into this boiling water for about 10 to 12 minutes.

Rasmalai recipe

Until they are nicely puffed up and doubled in size so friends I want to show you this sticky one Tikki is already ready actually I just prepared this Tikki before only just to check the sugar syrup and the Chena. 

Where it's breaking in the water or not so I already prepared this one Tikki and apart from this, there are five Tikki that is getting cooked in the syrup so overall I prepared six Tikki from this quantity. 

Rasmalai recipe

It's been almost 13 minutes let's remove the lid and check you can see the tikis. I have nicely puffed up and have become doubled in size. 

They are still boiling in the syrup and they have cooked really well so I'm going to turn off the flame. Let it cool down completely so now this rasmalai rasgullas have come down completely to room temperature I'll show you how spongy and light it has come out see when I am pressing it's coming back that's the sign of its sponginess.

Rasmalai recipe

It's really soft from the sides as well. Now we'll take one Tikki to remove the extra syrup out of it just squeeze it lightly very slightly to remove the extra sugar syrup and then I'm going to transfer this into the prepared rabdi 

Rasmalai recipe

Similarly, do for all of them just press them very slightly do not press it hardly else they'll break and then transfer them into this rubbery mix it slightly in the rabdi and let it get soaked in the rabdi.

Rasmalai recipe

It gets soaked in the rabdi well so I'm going to transfer the rasmalai into a container as I'm going to use this in the evening put all the rasmalai lies along with the rubbery and let it get soaked for about  4 to 5 hours yes friends you need to wait for this much time then only you'll get the best result so  I keep mine in the fridge for almost 5 to 6 hours because I had that much time.

rasmalai recipe

I'll just remove the box from the fridge and you can see how nicely it has come out It's looking really soft and it has become slightly darker also in color because the Safran has left its color nicely you can see it's got good color yellow color.

CLICK TO READ  RECIPE OF Schezwan Sauce Recipe

It has thickened, now let's cut a piece and you can see the texture is quite soft and smooth just look at this it's easy to cut. When I am pressing it's springing back it's quite spongy and airy so I just take a bite also and tell you friends it's too good.

rasmalai recipe

It's just melting in the mouth and it's really really worth trying at home it's really fresh and tastes better than the store-bought ones so you have to definitely give it a try for this coming occasion of Diwali.

Let me know how it turns out for you and if you enjoyed reading the rasmalai recipe so share the recipe with all your friends and family and follow to my site I'll see you soon in my next recipe till then take good care. 

INGREDIENTS FOR  RASMALAI  RECIPE

  1. 1-liter milk for chenna
  2. 1-liter milk for rabdi/ras
  3. 2 tbsp vinegar/lemon juice
  4. 1 tsp cornflour/maida
  5. 200 gms sugar for rabdi
  6. 200 gms sugar for syrup
  7. 1/2 tsp illaichi powder
  8. Saffron/Kesar
  9. Pinch of yellow food color
  10. Nuts

READ MORE RECIPE



Post a Comment

0 Comments